Do it yourself projects are becoming more and more popular. DIY projects are fun, creative, and save money. Who doesn’t want to do that?
Why DIY with your spouse?
For about a year my husband and I have shared a hobby of reusing wood pallets to build furniture and décor. It has been awesome to share a common hobby with my hubby. It has given us an outlet to work on communication and our team work skills. And not to mention one more topic we can cover in conversations.
Can you really DIY?
Regardless of the common misconception building can be for anyone willing to put in the effort to have a good outcome. You can do it too. You don’t have to be a rock-star carpenter to have an ending product that you love. Pictures of our projects to come soon.
5 Tips to DIY Pallet Projects
- Have a design in mind. This is when Pinterest comes into play. Have fun on Pinterest. Be careful though because I’m proof that Pinterest can produce procrastination in it’s greatest form. Proceed with caution.
- Don’t be afraid to mess up. A do over doesn’t mean an unsuccessful project. It’s all about how you look at it. When mistakes happen you will learn how to avoid it or salvage a project going south.
- Don’t shy away from making it your own. Be creative! Creativity is the key. This makes all the hard work worth while.
- Use reusable pallets or wood pieces. This saves money. Look on craigslist, Facebook swap pages, or ask friends and family to see if anyone has pallets or wood for free or at a low cost.
- Enjoy the experience. Have fun and don’t allow yourself to stress. This should be fun.
Get to building!